Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Finding your nerve...to use patterns

For a number of months...well, honestly, maybe years {who's counting} - I've had a piece of fabric above my kitchen sink {laid over a tension rod} trying to mimic a curtain. Epic fail. But not quite sure of what I wanted to do with the space, I turned my head to it.

In front of the same window, I have this pendant light hanging over the sink {thay my husband installed 2 years ago - repacing the ugly florescent light that was there when we moved in 14 years ago}. I have experimented with many shades and colorful pendant light covers. My favorite of course were the drum shades. All of them white, all of them round.  None of the combinations saying "my kitchen window makes me happy".

Well FINALLY - I pulled the fabric down from the tension rod and began to sew. Hung the curtain and went on the search for the perfect shade. How lucky can a girl get? I found a few shades on clearance the same day, but they ALL were patterned. What would I do? The curtain was already so  full of shape and pattern. I have never been much on mixing patterns, just don't know how.  But I took my favorite to the counter and brought it home. When I placed it on my light fixture...I stepped back, folded my arms and thought to myself...my kichen window makes me happy.

One more project done.

No comments:

Post a Comment