Wednesday, January 25, 2012

milkglass lamps


So, I bought these milkglass lamps about a year ago at a local junk store for around $12 for the pair. I had big plans for them to adorn our mantel but I am an easy craft kinda girl - any project that takes more than 30 minutes totally turns me off.



Because I thought covering the shades with fabric would be difficult and hard to manage, I went with a material I knew all about - PAPER. However, my first selection was definately not what I had in mind. It totally belonged in someone else's house.


My next paper choice said everything I wanted it too, but I realized that paper could only be a temporary fix because all the papers I found that I liked were for scrapbooking so I had to piece papers and patterns together and tape them to make it long/wide enough to cover the shades. They stayed like this until now because I found a how to on Pinterest! Who knew all I would need was a glue gun and my fabric to cover the shades? I am a pro with a glue gun!


I got my courage up and found the fabric I liked and with a glue gun, ran a line of glue along the edges where the fabric met at the overlap  and glued the fabric tight together.


Then I ran a bead a glue every few inches underneath the lamp shade and turned the fabric under. It looks so professional!



No comments:

Post a Comment