Monday, March 7, 2011

Digging in Dirt


One potato, two potato, three potato - GROW! Never planted potatoes as an adult. I remember digging them up as a child in our family garden, but as an adult...no.

Several years back my husband built me a few raised beds and each Summer we grow the basics - tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and peppers. And of course - some fresh herbs. But this year - we actually have a garden with rows and rows and rows. This month, we've planted onions, mustard, turnips and potatoes. The onions and mustard seeds have already broken ground and I am quite anxious to get out there and start pulling and cutting.

I hope to keep it fed and weeded and to keep you up to date on the harvest! I'm looking forward to planting peppers and okra and whatever else I please.

1 comment: